I don't know what to make of it except accept it - very very gratefully. Asi es.
A lot of it I blame on theater - suddenly, plays!
- When the Stars Trembled in Rio Puerco, an oral history play I adapted and directed based on the work of renowned New Mexico oral historian, Nasario Garcia, had a staged reading in Dixon at a Hispanic Arts festival in August. We're having a preview/fundraiser on November 15 at Teatro Paraguas for a full production next spring. more...
- Directing and adapting another Nasario Garcia story - Grandpa Lolo's Navajo Saddle Blanket for a series of staged performances for kids at the Santa Fe Public Library on October 4 and 5. Check out the link above for details.
- Poetry - with other board members of New Mexico Literary Arts, I'll be reading a group poem called Connected Works at Collected Works on October 10 at 6 pm. We are just the intro act for the Gratitude Awards which honor those who have contributed to the poetry scene.
- With the excellent Kaylock Sellers, at an August 31 event, hosted by the generous Anne Valley Fox, I read from my manuscript in progress, in another life, I was bamboo.
- Got a book? promote it with a book trailer. See a few I've edited including one for Santa Fe Poet Laureate Joan Logghe and healer and inspired adventurer Sas Carey. more..
- A short play, Greenland, will be part of an evening of staged readings to benefit The Cancer Foundation of New Mexico at Santa Fe Playhouse on November 8, 9, 10. Organized by playwright and cancer survivor, Michael Burgan.
- With my flamenco teacher Charo Shaffer-Perez, I'll be dancing a short guajira, choreographed my Mina Fajardo in Teatro Paraguas' upcoming production Poesía de Cuba starting Fri, October 11 for 2 weekends in Santa Fe.
Sign up for my mailing list to keep updated or check back here or just email and say, hello, hola, sain bain uu, aap kaise hai.